Thursday, March 4, 2010

Medieval Feast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today was the medieval feast! I had been awaiting this day ever since first grade, so it was a big, HUGE event. My grandma had helped me make my dress the night before (it was purple, with a floral panel down the middle), so I was all set. First was the coronation of the kings and queens of our grade. They had to take some oaths about ruling their 'kingdoms' well. Then was the catapult contest. There were awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, and lots of launched marshmallows. After that we went back to class to watch a movie. Finally, it was time for the feast. Everyone filed into the gym, which was decked out in traditional medieval flair. The kings and queens sat up on the stage. Table by table got food. There was cheesy bread, rolls, pumpkin bread, scones, grapes, chicken, cantaloupe, bananas, cheese, crackers, more scones, ginger ale and fruit juice, etc. We were supposed to be the entertainment for the king and queen, so we ate while expecting to be chosen. If some came unprepared or had a performance that did not please the royals or nobility (which some did) they had to do a certain amount of push-ups. I was doing a dance with some friends (ballet) so I waited and waited for our group to be called. I waited through a guy beat-boxing while humming through his nose and several piano performances, until finally we were called. It just so happened that two of my friends were in the bathroom washing off sticky hands, so we had to wait while a guy sang 'Don't Stop Believing' until my friends came back. The performance went well for the most part, though I messed up badly. Everyone still told us we did good, and no one noticed that I messed up. Too bad it's over!

No comments: